A Messianic Rabbi/Pastor, Rick Ridings, of Succat Hallel, had a vision.
Here’s the vision in his own words as I received them in an email.
Before the current United Nations session started in September, the Lord gave me a vision.
In the vision, I saw many nations that had managed to jump over a very deep valley and were trying to climb over the peak of a very steep mountain. The valley they had narrowly escaped was filled with clouds of thick darkness. It was full of serious economic crises, confusion, lawlessness, and anarchy. I was made to understand that the peak they were now climbing toward represented a decisive, “watershed” moment when they would make a decision that would affect their futures in a serious way. I realized that this peak represented the decision that would face them if they had to vote in the UN concerning a Palestinian state that would divide Jerusalem, taking the eastern half as its capital.
As the vision continued, I saw the nations that aligned with God’s Word – concerning the land promised to the Jewish people returning from exile – were able to climb over the mountain peak. Even though these nations descended into some economic decline, they were able to climb out of that into greater heights and blessings.
The nations that voted in alignment against the Scriptures quickly lost their footholds and slid rapidly into the deep valley of darkness with its economic crises, confusion, lawlessness, and anarchy. I then was made to understand that the choice they had made would reap its consequences in a way that would be manifested by November 11, 2011.
Application for Palestinian Statehood
On September 23, Mahmoud Abbas, the president of the Palestinian Authority, submitted an application for membership to the United Nations. While the application letter does not stipulate the boundaries nor the capital of the State of Palestine, Abbas made his desires known in his address to the 193 nations of the world in the General Assembly.
“The goal of the Palestinian people is the realization of their inalienable national rights in their independent State of Palestine, with East Jerusalem as its capital, on all the land of the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, which Israel occupied in the June 1967 war …”
The application has been submitted to the UN Security Council. Nine ‘yes’ votes would approve the application in the council of 15. The United States has vowed to veto any approval. A vote has yet to be taken as of this writing. However, on October 19, diplomats reported that the Security Council vote would be taken on or near November 11 (Worsnip).
It is unclear at this time whether the measure – whether approved or not by the Security Council – would then go before the 193 nations of the General Assembly. If it does, it would be a referendum on the Land of Israel, with every nation of the world having their say.
A Bit of History
In May, U.S. President Obama called Israel to negotiate with the Palestinian Authority based on the pre-1967 lines (Associated Press).
In 1947, the UN partitioned the Palestinian Mandate for the Jews and the Arabs. The Jews mostly would have been given the desert in the south, and Jerusalem would have been kept by the UN because of its religious significance (see a map of the 1947 plan on Wikipedia). The Jews agreed. The Arabs did not. (Wikipedia, “Partition Plan”) If you read Abbas’ application letter, you will see he is basing his application on this then-rejected plan.
There was violent unrest until May 14, 1948. That day, Israel declared itself a nation and five Arab armies invaded (Wikipedia, “1948 War”).
There was war for nearly a year. Then Israel signed armistice agreements with Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria (Wikipedia, “Armistice”). This resulted in the Armistice Lines of 1949, also known as the Green Line.
The 1949-1967 lines are cease-fire lines. That is what armistice means. Those lines are not borders. (See “Green Line” entry in Wikipedia for legal opinion by U.S. judge).
Two things are not clear on the map:
1. The “West Bank” was not some free standing entity; it was occupied by Jordan. That’s why it’s called the West Bank, because it is west of the Jordan River. The Biblical names for the area are Judea and Samaria.
2. All of original Jerusalem — the Old City — was in Jordan, including the City of David, Hezekiah’s Tunnel, the Temple Mount, and the Western Wall. The Jordanians flushed out the resident Jews and destroyed 55 synagogues and Talmudic schools. Jordan’s sovereignty over the Old City of Jerusalem and the West Bank was never recognized by the UN .
The cease-fire lines shifted after the Six-Day War in June 1967. Israel saw her neighbors were preparing to attack again and struck first. Israel reunified Jerusalem — old with new — and regained access to the holiest Jewish sites. (Wikipedia, “Six-Day War”)
When Obama and Abbas talk about the 1967 lines, they mean before Jerusalem was reunified, before the Six-Day War. They mean the 1949 Armistice Lines.
The city and the territory that Israel united in 1967, Abbas wants to divide. And he is asking the nations of the world to vote on it. This vote may set the course for the nations for years to come.
We are seeing the battle for Jerusalem. It is ultimately a spiritual battle of who will be worshiped on Mount Zion (the Temple Mount): YHWH (Creator-God, God of Israel) or Lucifer (the adversary, father of lies and all false gods).
What to Pray
• Protection for the borders of Israel – The Lord gave me a vision March 2009 that pointed to an attack on the borders. I saw Israel as piece of raw meat. Witches were calling wolves from the north and east and sharks from the Mediterranean to attack Israel. In the vision, intercessors cried out for mercy. Then angels poured the protecting blood of Jesus from horns along the borders of Israel, including the coastline. Pray Numbers 23:23.
• Awakening among intercessors in the nations – In Joel 3:1-3, God promises to judge the nations that divide “My Land.” At its core, the nations will be voting on whether to divide Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, God’s glory (Isaiah 46:13).
• Favor for intercessors, that they would have access to their national leaders to explain the international legal questions raised by the San Remo Resolution (see video at GivePeaceAChance.info). Also pray that God would speak to world leaders through dreams and visions (Matthew 27:19).
• Acceleration of houses of prayer in the Middle East and building a spiritual infrastructure to take in the coming harvest. Many will see their Redeemer and Messiah as pressure increases throughout the region.
How to Pray
Following is a list of verses to pray into as you intercede for Israel and the nations in the coming weeks.
• Psalm 9:3-5,15, 16 – “You LORD have rebuked the nations.”
• Psalm 33:10-12 – “LORD nullifies the counsel of the nations.”
• Jeremiah 12:14-16 – a promise to the Palestinians who would surrender to the God of Israel
• Zechariah 9:5-7 – removal of demonic king of Gaza and promise of acceptance for the redeemed therein
• Psalm 2:1-12 – “Why do the nations rage? … Kiss the Son lest He be angry.”
• Isaiah 16:4b-5 – faithful, loving judge on throne of David
Abbas, Mahmoud. “Palestinian Statehood: Text of Mahmoud Abbas’s letter to the UN.” The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Sept. 23, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
—-. “Full transcript of Abbas speech at UN General Assembly.” Haaretz.com. Haaretz Group. Sept. 23, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
The Associated Press. “Obama to Israel: Go back to 1967 borders.” Chicago Sun-Times. Sun-Times Media. May 19, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
Worsnip, Patrick. “Palestinian U.N. bid seen decided in November: diplomats.” Reuters. Thomson Reuters. Oct. 19, 2011. Web. Oct. 21, 2011.
“1948 Arab–Israeli War.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Oct. 12, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
“1949 Armistice Agreements.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Oct. 8, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
“Give Peace a Chance.” GivePeaceAChance.info. European Coalition for Israel. Aug. 22, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
“Green Line (Israel).” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Sept. 30, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
“Six-Day War.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Oct. 4, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
“United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. Oct. 13, 2011. Web. Oct. 14, 2011.
If you would like more explanation of this vision, you can watch a video prayer alert which was released on September 11th (click here).
For a fuller understanding of some of the legal implications of this vote, I strongly encourage you to watch an excellent video by our friends in the “European Coalition for Israel” (click here).
If you opened this page before November 11, then, you have a tiny window of time to pray that God turn the hearts of your national leaders. If you can, get in touch with key leaders, senators, members of parliament, and specially your president or prime minister, and seek God on what to say to them. As unbelievers they are not going to heed a warning like the above unless God moves in their mnds and hearts. So pray as if the economic future of your country depends on it.
Remember, my appeal is not based on the vision, graphically though it makes the point, but on the Bible words cited above, particularly Joel 3:1-3